No, I didn’t go prospecting in a Texas field, but I want to share with you something that’s enriching my health big time.
Most of us go through our lives reaching for over-the-counter remedies any time we have an ache, pain or discomfort. I thought nothing of taking a pill for this or a syrup for that. I popped ibuprofen like they were candy. Any small twinge and I’d reach for some chemical concoction.
Well, I’m fighting back with essential oils. Essential oils are derived from flowers, seeds, shrubs, trees, roots and bushes. The aromatic oils are extracted from these plants and distributed to us in concentrated form.
I’ll admit I was very skeptical at first because how could oils take the place of stuff I get at the drug store? And if they were so great, why aren’t more people using them?
Well, I did find out a lot of people do use essential oils, and it just takes spreading the word about the awesome benefits.
Here are some of mine:
- I haven’t had to use allergy medicine since I started taking lavender.
- Ibuprofen and I are no longer buddies.
- A drop or two of lemon oil in a glass of water is super refreshing — goodbye soda!
- I sleep like a baby after using a combination of oils for peace and calming.
- Oils have taken the edge off stress.
- Peppermint eases my stomach, unclogs a stuffy nose and gives me a natural jolt — without the caffeine.
It feels so good to slowly begin to detoxify and knowing I have a choice of trying something that Mother Nature/God provided for us first before resorting to something created in a lab.
If you decide to try essential oils, go for quality. I use Young Living.
Take charge of what you put in and on your body — your organs will thank you.